Is it worth linking to Fresh Sewing Day if I have nothing to show? I guess I did get my blocks mostly done for the Starburst Quilt Along, and my Triple Zip Pouch. So here are those again:
The last two blocks are almost done, but ever since my husband got me started playing Final Fantasy VI, I amazingly haven't had much sewing time… One of these things, however, was my goal for the February Lovely Year of Finishes, so I will be linking up there.
The most exciting thing that happened to me this month was that I won the Traveling Stash giveaway! Are you familiar with this? There are a number of large Priority Flat Rate boxes traveling throughout the US, absolutely jam-packed with fabric, patterns, notions, and other goodies. I won one of them a few weeks ago, and got some awesome stuff from it!
That's about 5 FQs of assorted fabrics, plus in the back is almost a yard of a print dedicated to New York City! So cute. I also grabbed a few spools of thread.
Part of the fun of Traveling Stash is that you put in an equivalent amount of fabric or whatnot so that the next person to receive it has just as much to choose from as you did! So here are the items I added.
It's hard to see, but that is 4 assorted FQs, about a yard each of the Moda flower print and the sort-of-batik-ish Michael Miller print, two packages of Solvy stabilizer, a spool of Sulky thread, a Kaffe Fassett charm pack, and two appliqué quilting patterns. Not pictured is the stuff that I left in the box--tons of fabric, patterns, thread, and notions! It's packed!
Want to win the Traveling Stash? Here are the rules.
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
Just leave a comment to win! I'll choose a winner using the Random Number Generator next Friday.
Linking up to: