First off--can I tell you how excited I am that I have followers who aren't people I know in real life?? I had to make my husband be a follower because I felt like a loser! So if you're reading my blog--THANK YOU!! :)
I also want to thank Lily's Quilts for hosting the Small New Blog Meetup.
- I started quilting in about March of this year. I credit Moda Bake Shop's awesome tutorials for being the major motivator in that decision--I kept seeing all these really cute quilts that didn't look like ones I was used to seeing and thinking, "Hey! That looks like fun!" I already had a sewing machine and a basic knowledge of how to use it.
- I started blogging earlier this summer because I really liked reading all the quilting blogs out there and wanted to put my projects and whatnot out there for people to see. The original idea was that I was going to do all sorts of things to better myself this summer (since I'm on summer vacation and all), including diet and exercise, but pretty much the only one I've done is sewing... ooops. And I only have a week and a half left of summer vacation, too.
- My mom (hi Mom!) has been quilting for a very long time. I wish I had a picture--she was PTO president at my elementary school, and when the school had its 30th birthday, she and a number of other volunteers got together to make a MASSIVE quilt with the signature of every student and teacher at the school on it. She's also really into photo quilts. We have different quilting styles, but I think that the quilting bug was in the blood!
- I am WAY more ambitious with my quilting than my limited experience should allow. My first quilt was a flannel rag quilt (easy!). My second quilt was a Moda Bake Shop tutorial that was reasonably easy (I just finished it yesterday, go check it out!). My third quilt... was the Supernova. Yeeeahh. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't realize it was that hard when I started it? I'm ridiculously proud of how the top turned out anyway.
- I teach high school math and coach my school's math team. I am constantly amazed at how much smarter than me some of my students are. Fortunately, we get to learn from each other--and I can't imagine not working with them! (This, by the way, is why the blogging and sewing will likely slack off during the months of January through March, when I go to a math competition every other weekend.)
- I've been married for three years, and have two adorable puppies. You can see the whole family in the upper right-hand corner of the blog.
- Things I like other than sewing and quilting (in no particular order): knitting, reading my Nook (I read soooo much), Harry Potter, chick flicks, the color pink (the brighter the better), dancing (I've done ballet and jazz my whole life and just started tap a year ago!), getting pedicures, math, Mac computers, embroidering on my new sewing machine, shopping (for just about anything except groceries), parentheses and exclamation marks (in case you hadn't noticed!)
Thanks for reading, and if you'd like to find some other new blogs, you can click the button up above!